Except for the last bit, I can finally relax. I won’t bore you with the details of the humidity problems, as it is going on, and on and on … and no one – not even the experts – can find the origin of the leak. But enough of that. It’s too depressing.
This morning, after a last bit of copy-writing for the famous website, I went over to my mother’s for aperitifs. Then I made myself a typical English lunch: baked beans on toast. It’s very simple: you just heat up a tin of Heinz Beans in tomato sauce. You grill a piece of bread on both sides until it is nice and crispy. In the meantime, you fry two eggs, sunny side up, adding freshly ground white pepper and salt. You put the grilled bread on a plate. Next you ladle on the beans and you top it off with the pan-fried eggs.
Let me also give you sneak preview of my week of ‘liberty’:
- Saturday: regular weekend shopping … nothing exciting.- Sunday: lunch with my mother.
- Monday: lunch with my friends B and J.L. and making the final arrangements for our trip to the Loire Valley in May. I have some surprises for them in store and it will be hard not giving them away! It’s so exciting!
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: a little trip to the Belgian Ardennes, perhaps?
- Saturday: Business as usual.
- Sunday: My Birthday!! And lunch with family and friends in a nearby restaurant!
- Monday: Time-out … to get ready to pick up on the daily work routine on Tuesday.
I may not be posting for a few days while we’re in the Ardennes, but I’ll be taking my new laptop. So an occasional daily picture is always possible. Stay tuned!