Candes Saint-Martin, my favourite spot in La Touraine.

Thursday 5 January 2017

A new appliance

I just realized that all my 'new' posts had the word 'new' in it. I didn't do it on purpose. It just came naturally ... probably inspired by the 'new' year and  the 'new' start in blogging. 

Let's continue with this tradition for the rest of January ... we'll see what February will bring. Maybe, by then, everything will be old again ... like this new appliance.


The new diffuser and, for size reference, a standard-size new year's card
that I've received from one of my neighbours in the apartment complex.

To be honest, it's not really an appliance but more a 'gadget-nice-to-have' kind of thing. I would never have gone out shopping for it myself, but having to chose among a internet list of about 60 new year's gifts, value approx. 35 euros each, proposed by my employer, I thought it would be nice to have around.

It's an aroma diffuser! It's really tiny (H 15cm x W 8cm). Inside is a small plastic tank with a volume of 50 cl, that you fill with water to which you can (not mandatory) add a few (2-3) drops of essential oil. 

Last summer I received a 5 ml bottle of essential lavender oil from a colleague who had spend a week in the French Provence. It smells lovely, but there are very few ways using it because the scent is really very strong and overpowering. However, with the aroma diffuser it is just perfect. If it weren't for the noise of the traffic outside - instead of the chirping of crickets - I could just close my eyes and believe I'm actually in the Provence ... a region I have never visited, btw.

PS. I forgot to mention that it also contains a LED light which you can put in 'full' or 'diffuse' mode. Very handy and trendy!

7 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely idea, you can't beat having the place smelling beautiful!

GaynorB said...

I love Provence and lavender, although it can be a bit overpowering. Your solution seems ideal for the home.
Bonne Annee x

chm said...

If you liked Corfu, you'd love Provence. And no language barrier. I recommend you try Provence one of these days, l'essayer, c'est l'adopter!

ladybird said...

Jean, The aroma is really lovely and relaxing.

Gaynor, You're right about the lavender being overpowering, but this is just right. Happy New Year to you and Tim.

Chm, Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out, because it's time to start making some holiday plans.

Bob said...

nice way to start the new year! a little aroma and a little light adds will add ambience to the room, especially on the upcoming dark and cold winter nights. sounds like a good time to plan a vacation!!

ladybird said...

Hi Bob, Yesterday we had a very cold and frosty day, with some snow ... less that 2 cm, yet my backyard was like an ice ring ... Sun and vacation sound very tempting right now ;)

Diane said...

Love the small of lavender so I would love it :-) Hope all is well with you and we wish you all the very best for 2017. Diane and Nigel.