Candes Saint-Martin, my favourite spot in La Touraine.

Saturday 22 May 2010

I'm back!

Mission accomplished!
My first Loire Valley trip as an unofficial tour guide is over.


Sunday, May 16th: the banks of the Loire River in Amboise

We got home yesterday afternoon around 4.30 p.m ... exhausted, yet very happy. I've discovered a whole new way of travelling and visiting. It took a day to get used to, but I got to see things I hadn't seen before, although I had visited the location on three previous occasions.

The weather was lovely, with a few drops of rain on Sunday night. At first the wind was rather stiff and cold, blowing from the north-east. But gradually the temperatures got higher: from a mere 17°C on Sunday to a warm 24°C on Thursday and Friday.

I shot over 600 photos, the best of which I will be posting over the coming weeks and months. I hope you will enjoy them, as well as the stories that come with them.
______

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Welcome back! From a few of the other blogs I read, it sounds like you three were having a wonderful time.

Please tell all!

Amanda said...

It makes such a huge difference to have nice weather. Can't wait to see the pictures and read the stories.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, I can't wait to see your pictures.....What was the best thing you saw/did?

Leon Sims said...

Ladybird - wishing you were in France is also how we feel sometimes but after bring home your memories its nice to be amongst familiar surroundings again.
Enjoyed following your trip and look forward to seeing more pics in the future.

ladybird said...

To all, I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my coming posts: chronologically, by theme, at radom? Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping tabs on you through Ken's blog. Sounds like you had some good times with he and Walt.
Can't wait for the photos!
Welcome back.

ladybird said...

Dedene, Thanks, and yes it was lovely seeing Ken and Walt again. I'll post about our visit presently.

Lyn, The best things we did/saw? Just from the top of my head: Turquant, Crissay-sur-Manse and wine tasting with Ken ... :))