Candes Saint-Martin, my favourite spot in La Touraine.

Saturday 15 May 2010

Preview


If all goes according to plan, this time tomorrow, I'll be in Amboise, enjoying the above view, finishing lunch and getting ready to (re)visit the Château.

Although I will be taking my laptop, I don't know whether I'll have time to publish a daily post. I will therefore give you a short preview of our program:

Sunday: Arriving in Amboise, Sunday market and picnic shopping, lunch, Château d'Amboise, gardens of the Château de Valmer (near Vouvray) and an evening vineyard walk (weather permitting), picnic supper at our chambre d'hôtes.

Monday: Surprise Loire Valley Tour for my friends and lunch with my French friends au 'Bon Laboreur' in Chenonceaux.

Tuesday: Market day in Bourgueuil, village of Candes Saint Martin, lunch in Turquant, visit and wine tasting at Brézé castle.

Wednesday: Market day in Loches, visit of the donjon and the Logis Royal, village of Nouans-les-Fontaines (sheep farm), Château de Valençay, wine tasting in Mareuil-sur-Cher, supper with Ken and Walt.

Thursday: Museum of Maurice Dusfresnes near Azay-le-Rideau, basket weavers in Villaines-les-Rochers, lunch in Crissay-sur-Manse, Château de Langeais (La Table au Moyen Age exhibition).
Friday: ... time to go home!

A lot will depend on the weather, of course. For a daily weather forecast: click here!

_____

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Have a great time, can't wait to hear about it all!

Anonymous said...

You've got quite the time planned for yourself! The time will go too fast.
Give my best to Walt and Ken. And take tons of pictures. The weather is supposed to be really nice.

Jean said...

Ditto !!